CAREERSTruck & Transport technician | OTTAWA, ON
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 18 sales outlets and 6 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have openings in our Ottawa service shops for Truck & Transport Technicians.
We offer a competitive compensation package including a tool allowance; safety allowance; Night Shift Premium after 3:00P.M.; group benefits and a retirement savings plan.
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy duty trucks, trailers, buses and petroleum tanks.
- Spring and suspension work.
- Perform vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems and components, including brakes, steering and lighting.
- Interact with shop Foremen to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Licensed 310T Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred, or 3rd / 4th year registered apprentices will be considered.
- Experience with spring work would be beneficial or working as a foreperson.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with the ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume to:
1621 Michael St,Ottawa, ON
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Check out one of our 18 locations near you!