CAREERSHEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR | DARTMOUTH, NS
This is an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety professional to be part of a dynamic and growing business environment. This position, reporting to the Human Resources Manager, is based in our Dartmouth, NS head office and will play an important role to enhance our focus on health and safety as part of the company’s strategic direction.
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 16 sales/warehouse outlets and five service centers located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment, and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry.
- Assist in forming and administering the company health and safety management system, maintain and update policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with multi-provincial legislation and regulations.
- Work closely with JOHSC committees, managers, and employees across the organization to support and advance a culture of health and safety.
- Work with departments to perform hazard assessments, create and document procedures. Participate in the accident and incident investigation process, document findings and follow-up on recommended actions.
- Design and/or conduct a variety of training and information sessions (e.g., new employee orientation, toolbox talk material, committee training, etc.). Work with and grow safety training through the company’s online learning management system.
- Audit, analyse and prepare statistical and other safety-related information. Develop and manage standardized documentation processes.
- The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience and education that lays a foundation for success in Occupational Health & Safety. A diploma in Health & Safety with five years of experience, preferably in the industrial sector (e.g., distribution warehouse, mechanical repair shop) or comparable environment.
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislation in Atlantic Canada & Ontario, including Occupational Health & Safety acts and regulations, Workers Compensation Board, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, and the ability to interact easily at all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Day of work are Monday to Friday and some travel may be required. We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary, comprehensive group benefits plan, retirement savings plan, employee assistance program and more. To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume and covering letter explaining how your experience would be beneficial in this position.
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
Karen Larter, Human Resource Generalist
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.