CAREERSProcurement Specialist | Dartmouth
Parts for Trucks is Eastern Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 16 sales/warehouses and 5 service centres throughout Ontario and the Atlantic Provinces. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Procurement Specialist in our Dartmouth, N.S. location.
Working with our Category Managers, Responsibilities Include:
- Process/Maintain regular and special stock orders based on system-generated inventory requirements. Generate purchase orders; use electronic data interchange (EDI), on-line ordering systems, e-mail, etc. to submit and monitor order acknowledgement.
- Assist Category Managers with Placing orders, Invoice Processing, Returns to Vendors and Processing Price Lists.
- Observe trends and follow-up with vendors, creating meaningful relationships with vendors and branch staff.
- Analyze inventory reports and adjust system settings as appropriate.
- Continuous development of product knowledge, technical information and attend various training as appropriate.
- Post-secondary training in Business Administration, Purchasing or compatible area, plus three years of experience in administration and/or a purchasing environment.
- Knowledge of heavy-duty truck or automotive parts is an asset, but not required.
- Intermediate PC skills, with advanced abilities in Microsoft Excel. Experience with inventory management software is beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with problem-solving and negotiation skills.
Parts for Trucks offers a competitive compensation plan, including group benefits and a retirement savings plan. To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume to:
Karen Larter, Human Resources Generalist
Parts for Trucks
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Check out one of our 16 locations near you!