CAREERSProject Manager |dartmouth, ns
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and growing business environment. This new position, reporting to the Vice-President, Service & Equipment, is based in our Dartmouth, NS head office and will play a key role to coordinate and guide the success of our truck-mounted equipment projects.
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is a leading distributor and service provider to the heavy-duty truck and trailer market in Atlantic Canada, with 15 sales outlets and four service centers located throughout the region. We supply parts and repair service to customers across a variety of industries, and we install a variety of truck-mounted equipment such as dump bodies, snow plows, spreaders and cranes.
- The Project Manager will seek and/or receive, review and prioritize invitations to tender for various levels of government or key customers, and prepare detailed and compelling proposals within varying timelines.
- You will filter large volumes of information to identify and determine the specifications and scope of a job, leading to detailed estimates for quotes or bids.
- Project management skills will be key to managing customer relationships and facilitating the end to end process on large installation and/or multiple unit projects.
- The ideal candidate will likely have training as a Mechanical Engineering Technologist or CET designation as well as project management training or experience.
- Five or more years of experience relevant to the core elements of this position.
- Experience with estimating, project management, tendering, and an understanding of pricing and gross margins is important.
- Experience with or ability to develop an understanding of hydraulic systems, mechanical engineering, controls, cranes, dump bodies, or any truck-mounted equipment is also key.
- The successful candidate will also have proficient verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and be comfortable working with suppliers, customers and staff from the shop floor to the boardroom.
- Self-sufficient PC skills and the ability to navigate appropriate project management tools are also important.
We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary, comprehensive group benefits plan, retirement savings plan, employee assistance program and more. To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume and covering letter explaining how your experience would be beneficial in this position.
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
Karen Larter, Human Resource Generalist
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com.
Check out one of our 15 locations near you!