CAREERSServicE Technician | DArtMOUTH
Parts for Trucks has a unique opportunity for anyone who is mechanically inclined or early in their Truck and Trailer career. As Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, we supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have openings in our Dartmouth Trailer Shop for Service on our evening shift (Mon-Thur 4:00PM – 2:00AM).
- Repair and maintain all makes of trailers, and petroleum tanks.
- Perform vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems and components, including brakes, and lighting.
- Interact with shop Foremen to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Licensed Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician or apprentice.
- Licensed Automotive Technician interested in training on heavy and mid-sized trailers.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with the ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
Parts for Trucks offers a competitive compensation package, including a tool allowance, safety boot allowance, night shift premium, group benefits and a retirement savings plan. Click “Apply Now” or email our Human Resources directly at the address below.
Karen Larter, HR Generalist
52 Wright Ave.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.