CAREERSService Writer - DARTMOUTH
Parts for Trucks is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 16 sales outlets and 5 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening on our evening shift for a Service Writer in our Dartmouth, N.S. location.
- Greet customers and respond to inquiries. Obtain details of vehicle repair needs, schedule appointments, and initiate bookings for routine maintenance.
- Prepare work orders on computerized system, record details on completed jobs, and follow-up on outstanding items. File and maintain accurate shop records.
- Interact with customers, technicians, foremen and the Service Manager to verify work order details and provide updates.
- Completed Grade 12 and a Service Writer training program, with one year of similar experience, or a combination of training and customer service experience.
- Strong customer service and communication skills are required, in addition to good organizational skills, attention to detail and efficient record-keeping skills.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, E-mail, and Internet) required; experience with computerized business systems preferred.
- Knowledge of the automotive or heavy-duty truck/trailer service industry a definite asset.
- Hours of work are Monday-Thursday, 4:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. with the opportunity for overtime.
Parts for Trucks offers a competitive compensation plan, including group benefits and a registered pension plan. To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume to:
Karen Larter, Human Resources Generalist
Parts for Trucks
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.