CAREERSSHOP FOREMAN - DAYS | Ottawa
Parts for Trucks is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy duty truck and trailer parts, operating 16 sales outlets and 5 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Shop Foreman (Day Shift) at our Ottawa, ON service centre.
- The Shop Foreman plays a key role in scheduling, assigning and overseeing mechanical work performed by a team of eight technicians.
- Serve as a central point of communication between Service Department staff and customers, from independent operators to large fleets, to ensure optimal customer service.
- Monitor job progress, and adjust workload as needed to meet timelines. Help with troubleshooting and problem solving on complicated repairs.
- Use mechanical expertise to estimate labour requirements and job costs. Review completed repair orders to ensure proper description and accurate coding of work performed.
- Administer relevant company policies and procedures. Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the shop, as well as the safety of employees, tools, equipment and procedures.
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7am-4pm.
- Licensed Truck & Transport / Trailer Technician with at least 2-3 years of experience in the trade.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or foreman position would be an asset.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and diagnostic skills covering the full scope of heavy truck repair. Able to work hands-on to mentor and provide guidance to technicians.
- Excellent communication skills and versatility for balancing responsibilities of the position.
- Experience opening and editing work orders in a computerized environment, and extensive use of email correspondence for customer communication.
- Bilingual English/French would be a great asset.
Parts for Trucks offers a competitive compensation package, including shift premium, tool allowance, safety boot allowance, group benefits and a registered pension plan. Contact our Service Manager for further information, to provide your resume or complete an application form:
Parts for Trucks
Dan Cormier – Service Manager
1621 Michael St
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.