CAREERSShop foreman (evening shift) | dartmouth,ns
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of
- Play a key role in scheduling, assigning and overseeing mechanical work performed by a team of eight technicians.
- Act as a central point of communication between Service Department and customers.
- Monitor job progress, and adjust workload as needed.
- Help with troubleshooting.
- Estimate labour requirements and job costs. Review completed repair orders to ensure proper description and accurate coding of work performed.
- Administer relevant company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the shop, as well as the safety of employees.
- Hours of work are Monday to Thursday, 4:00 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.
- Licensed Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician with at least 2-3 years of experience in the trade.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or foreman position would be an asset.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and diagnostic skills covering the full scope of heavy truck repair.
- Able to work hands-on in order to mentor technicians.
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility for balancing.
- Experience creating and editing work orders in a computerized environment, and extensive use of email correspondence for customer communication.
Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including shift premium (for licensed truck & transport or licensed trailer), tool allowance, safety boot allowance, group benefits and a retirement savings plan. Contact our Service Manager for further information, to provide your resume or complete an application form:
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
Cameron Maynard, Service Manager
Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for
Check out one of our 15 locations near you!