CAREERSSPRING & SUSPENSION TECHNICIAN | DARTMOUTH
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 16 sales/warehouse outlets and 5 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have a full-time position for a Spring & Suspension Technician.
- Perform installation and repair of spring and suspension parts on heavy trucks. Operate machinery to fabricate or modify components as required.
- Communicate with customers, Service Department staff or other company branches in relation to repair inquiries and custom orders. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- As needed, perform general repair and maintenance on heavy duty trucks.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Licensed 310T Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred, or 3rd / 4th year registered apprentices will be considered.
- Experience with spring work would be beneficial or working as a foreperson.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with the ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
Parts for Trucks offers a competitive compensation package, including group benefits and a retirement savings plan. If you have the required experience and are interested in an opportunity to grow within our company, we would like to hear from you. Apply in writing with a resume and covering letter to:
Parts for Trucks
Karen Larter, Human Resource Generalist
15 MacDonald Ave
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.