CAREERSTRUCK & TRANSPORT TECHNICIAN | dART & hfx
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy duty truck and trailer parts, operating 15 sales outlets and 4 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have openings in our Dartmouth and Halifax service shops for Truck & Transport Technicians.
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy duty trucks, trailers, buses and petroleum tanks.
- Perform vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems and components, including brakes, steering and lighting.
- Interact with shop Foremen to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Licensed Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred, or 3rd / 4th year apprentice.
- Licensed Automotive Technician interested in training on heavy duty trucks.
- Experience with spring work would be beneficial, or working as a foreperson.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with the ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including a tool allowance, safety boot allowance, night shift premium (for Licensed Technician), group benefits and a registered pension plan. Contact one of our Service Managers for further information, to provide your resume or complete an application form:
Cameron Maynard Wayne Bellefontaine
52 Wright Avenue 6 Ragged Lake Blvd.
Dartmouth, NS Halifax, NS
Phone: 902-468-6133 Phone: 902-876-9099
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Check out one of our 15 locations near you!