CAREERSTRUCK & TRANSPORT TECHNICIAN | Halifax
DAY AND NIGHT SHIFT
Find your drive at Parts for Trucks, Eastern Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck & trailer parts with over 100-years in the industry and variety like no other.
- Competitive compensation
- Safety Allowance
- Night shift premium
- Employee assistance program
- Apprentice support
- Group Benefits (including extended healthcare, dental & LTD)
- Tool allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contributions
- Company events
- Additional training
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy-duty trucks, trailers, buses and petroleum tanks.
- Vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems, including brakes, steering and lighting.
- Report to shop Foremen on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures and maintain a clean work area
- Licensed Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred (apprentices considered) or Licensed Automotive Technician with interest in heavy duty trucks.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (Class 1 license is an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with an aptitude for learning.
Karen Larter, HR Generalist
6 Ragged Lake Blvd.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.