CAREERStruck & Transport technician - Halifax
Parts for Trucks is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 16 sales/warehouse outlets and 5 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have openings in our Halifax service shop for a Truck & Transport Technician for our day shift (Mon- Fri 7:30AM – 4PM) and evening shift (Mon-Thur 2:00PM – 12:00AM).
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy-duty trucks, trailers, buses and petroleum tanks.
- Perform vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems and components, including brakes, steering and lighting.
- Interact with shop Foremen to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Licensed Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred, or 3rd / 4th year apprentice.
- Licensed Automotive Technician interested in training on heavy duty trucks.
- Experience with spring work would be beneficial or working as a foreperson.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with the ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
Parts for Trucks offers a competitive compensation package, including a tool allowance, safety boot allowance, night shift premium (for Licensed Technician), group benefits and a retirement savings plan. Contact one of our Service Manager for further information, to provide your resume or complete an application form:
Karen Larter, HR Generalist
6 Ragged Lake Blvd.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.