CAREERSTRUCK & TRANSPORT TECHNICIAN | Moncton, nb
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy duty truck and trailer parts, operating 15 sales outlets and 4 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Truck & Transport Technician at our Moncton service centre.
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy duty trucks, trailers, buses and petroleum tanks.
- Perform vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems and components, including brakes, steering and lighting.
- Perform assembly, fabrication and installation of truck-mounted equipment (dump bodies, plows, etc.).
- Interact with shop Foremen to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Licensed Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred. Consideration will be given to 3rd or 4th year apprentice, or Licensed Automotive Technician interested in training on heavy duty trucks.
- Completion of Grade 12 (or equivalent), and ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
- Experience with truck-mounted equipment is beneficial (e.g., plows, spreaders), and the ability to weld aluminum and steel. Steel and aluminum fabrication experience would also be an asset.
- Good manual dexterity and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work. Versatility of skills for working on general repairs or equipment jobs as needed.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Training in WHMIS and Handling of Dangerous Goods beneficial.
Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including a tool allowance, safety boot allowance, night shift premium, group benefits and a registered pension plan. Contact our Service Manager for further information, to provide your resume or complete an application form:
Mark Bowser, Service Manager
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
387 DesBrisay Avenue
Moncton, NB E1E 0J2
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Check out one of our 15 locations near you!