Parts for Trucks, Inc. is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating across Atlantic Canada and in Quebec and Ontario. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening in our Moncton, NB service shop for an Equipment Fabricator.
Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including a tool allowance, safety allowance, group benefits and a retirement savings plan.
- Installing service truck bodies, Hiab cranes, dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment on heavy and medium-duty truck chassis.
- Welding hoist subframes, to mount on truck frame rails and dump box/flat deck to subframe.
- Installation of hydraulic components such as electric-over-hydraulic pumps, valves, reservoirs, and hoist cylinders.
- Fabricating and welding custom steel brackets for mounting components.
- Mounting dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment onto truck chassis using overhead crane and forklifts.
- Wiring 12-volt electrical components
- Installation of under hood engine components such as air compressors, PTO’s, and Clutch pumps
- Installation of snowplows, sander spreaders, and brine sprayer systems.
- Fitting hydraulic hoses and plumbing
- Interact with shop Foremen to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Other related duties as required
- 3-5 years in Automotive or Heavy-Duty Mechanics and/or Welding and Steel Fabrication experience
- Proficiency in welding and electrical skill set
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with the ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume and covering letter to:
Jamie Ells, Service Manager
387 DesBrisay Avenue
P: 506.858.5950 ext.8155
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.
Check out one of our 18 locations near you!