CAREERSEQUIPMENT SALES MANAGER | Ottawa, ON
Malmberg, a division of Parts for Trucks, Inc. is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 18 sales/warehouse outlets and 6 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for an Equipment Sales Manager in our Ottawa location.
- Represent our line of quality, brand-name truck-mounted equipment to current and prospective customers in the transportation and vocational truck industry.
- Prospect for sales and make product recommendations to meet customer needs, including a variety of light and medium-duty truck-mounted equipment, including snow removal and ice control equipment, dump bodies, lift gates, and cranes, etc.
- Monitor the market for tenders or other bidding opportunities. Prepare quotes for small jobs, or work with the Project Manager on large tenders.
- Liaise between the customer and internal staff to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of installations.
- Attend relevant industry events and networking opportunities. Develop referral and sub-dealer network throughout Eastern Ontario.
- Develop product knowledge through training and self-directed research.
- A combination of training and hands-on technical experience, with ideally 10 years of experience in a comparable sales function.
- Experience in the heavy-duty truck industry, and an understanding of pumps and hydraulics is strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated with a professional sales presence and strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (English & French) would be a definite asset.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office with Excel, and experience with business software.
Malmberg, a division of Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers an attractive total compensation package, including salary plus commission, group benefits and a retirement savings plan. Earnings will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume and covering letter to:
Karen Larter, Human Resources Generalist
Parts for Trucks
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
Parts for Trucks values a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to equitable hiring practices. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com.
Check out one of our 15 locations near you!