CAREERSIT System administrator | Dartmouth, ns
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 18 sales outlets and 6 service centers located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT System Administrator is responsible for the reliable and stable operation of servers, storage, on-premise & Cloud application platforms. The System Administrator will have multiple years’ experience and have a passion for technology. In this role, you will work with company leaders to provide technology solutions and will need to be an analytical and organized thinker.
- Require a minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a System Administrator role
- Must have significant experience building and supporting VMWare infrastructure
- Must have thorough knowledge of Office 365 administration, licensing, & provisioning
- Demonstrated experience working with Cloud infrastructure, Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Working experience with storage environments. SAN, Fibre Channel, Luns/Volumes
- Knowledge and experience working with Cisco UCS
- Advanced experience with Active Directory, DNS
- Experience implementing & supporting RDS or Citrix application delivery environments
- Experience supporting Backup and Recovery solutions
- You approach day to day activities with a focus on security and stability
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- A strong desire to learn and an active contributor for technology change
- College or University Degree in a related discipline
- Certifications in Windows Server, VMware, NetApp, Azure or AWS considered an asset
Parts for Trucks offers an attractive total compensation package, including base salary plus commission, group benefits and a retirement savings plan. Earnings will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume and covering letter to:
Karen Larter, Human Resources Generalist
Parts for Trucks
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
Parts for Trucks values a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to equitable hiring practices. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Check out one of our 18 locations near you!