CAREERSParts counter / inside sales | Charlottetown, PEI
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 18 sales outlets and 6 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Parts Counter / Inside Sales Person in our Charlottetown location.
- Serve customers by telephone or in-store to provide information on current or new products, supplier features, and promotions.
- Assist customers, process sales, pick orders and search for parts through computerized inventory, catalogues or on-line resources.
- As part of the team, perform general warehouse duties as needed, including bin maintenance and cleaning, and participate in inventory counts.
- Develop product knowledge through research, training, and reading trade publications.
- Support the Parts for Trucks full line of quality brand-name truck and trailer parts for customers across all areas of the trucking industry, including fleets, repair garages, government garages, and tire shops.
- Comparable experience in parts counter or industrial sales is preferred. Knowledge of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts is an important part of the job, or at least similar experience with automotive, industrial or agricultural equipment parts.
- Excellent customer service, communication and selling skills are key, along with good memory recall and numerical ability.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with inventory control software is desirable, along with experience in a warehouse environment.
- Position requires standing, and some moderate to heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds).
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
Karen Larter, Human Resource Generalist
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1G7
Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.
Check out one of our 15 locations near you!