Do you pay great attention to detail?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment?
Do you have a strong work ethic?
FIND YOUR DRIVE at Parts for Trucks as an Equipment Fabricator.
We are looking for a highly motivated Equipment Fabricator in our Moncton Shop.
- Installing service truck bodies, Hiab cranes, dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment on heavy and medium-duty truck chassis.
- Welding hoist subframes, to mount on truck frame rails and dump box/flat deck to subframe.
- Installation of hydraulic components such as electric-over-hydraulic pumps, valves, reservoirs, and hoist cylinders.
- Fabricating and welding custom steel brackets for mounting components.
- Mounting dump boxes, flat decks, and associated equipment onto truck chassis using overhead crane and forklifts.
- Wiring 12-volt electrical components
- Installation of under hood engine components such as air compressors, PTOs, and clutch pumps
- Installation of snowplows, sander spreaders, and brine sprayer systems.
- Fitting hydraulic hoses and plumbing
- Interact with Shop Supervisor to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Other related duties as required
- 3-5 years in Automotive or Heavy-Duty Mechanics and/or Welding and Steel Fabrication experience
- Proficiency in welding and electrical skill set
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with the ability to learn and apply new processes and technology.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of the heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 17 sales / warehouse outlets and 5 service centers throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment, and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including group benefits and a retirement savings plan, safety allowance, employee assistance program, and stable employment. Wages are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.