Outside Sales Representative
Mount Pearl, Newfoundland
Do you have sales experience? This is an opportunity to assume an established territory in a rewarding industry. Join a respected team and industry leader in heavy-duty truck parts sales and FIND YOUR DRIVE with us!
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will represent the Parts for Trucks full line of quality brand-name truck and trailer parts to customers and prospects across all areas of the trucking industry, including fleets, repair garages, government garages, and tire shops.
- Visit customers in an established territory to generate sales orders by providing information on new products, supplier features, and promotions for a vast range of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts.
- Build relationships within the industry with both customers and competitors. Call on prospective customers to generate new business opportunities.
- Participate in long-term sales planning and execute strategies. Track customer activity through customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Work closely with internal staff to identify and source parts according to customer needs.
- Build product knowledge through a variety of training (in-house, on-line or with suppliers). Attend trade shows, sales meetings and follow trade publications.
- A self-starter with strong sales skills, developed through professional sales training and/or two to three years in a sales role.
- Dedicated team player with the ability to work with a variety of customers in the field to assess and fulfill product needs.
- The ideal candidate would have experience relating to heavy-duty truck parts, or in a comparable industry (e.g., automotive, industrial, mechanical). However, candidates without this experience, but who have a true mechanical aptitude and a keen interest in learning the product, are encouraged to apply.
- Regular travel is required in St. John’s, NL and to surrounding areas.
- Self-sufficient technology skills are required, for use of various electronic sales tools (iPad, MSOffice, CRM software, etc.).
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 16 sales / warehouse outlets and 5 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment, and repair service to customers all areas of the trucking industry.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, including base salary plus commission, group benefits, retirement savings plan, safety allowance, and an employee assistance program. Earnings will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Submit your resume to express your interest in this opportunity.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.