Parts Back Counter
Moncton, New Brunswick
Find your drive at Parts for Trucks, Eastern Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck & trailer parts with over 100- Years in the industry and variety like no other. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Back Parts Counter at our Moncton, NB location on the night shift.
- Perform Service Writer function. Greet customers and respond to inquiries, obtain details of vehicle repair or maintenance requirements, schedule appointments, prepare and follow-up on work orders using computerized system.
- Provide counter service internally to Service Technicians. Receive and promptly process requests for parts required for shop work in progress.
- Serve customers in-store or by telephone to provide information on current or new products/services, supplier features, and promotions. Search for parts through computerized inventory, catalogues, or on-line resources.
- Work with front counter staff to pick orders, put parts away, maintain a clean environment and perform general warehouse functions as needed.
- Develop product knowledge through training, research and reading trade publications.
- Completion of Grade 12, or equivalent, plus related training and/or experience in parts counter sales.
- Knowledge of heavy-duty truck/trailer parts, and the heavy truck repair industry, or experience working in an automotive parts environment would be considered an asset but not required
- Strong customer service and communication skills required for frequent interaction with customers, front counter staff and service team members
- Computer skills and inventory control experience would be an asset
This is an evening shift, Mon-Fri, 4:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m. If you are interested in this opportunity, apply in writing with a resume.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.