Parts Counter / Inside Sales
Dartmouth , Nova Scotia
Do you enjoy the challenge of finding solutions for customers? Are you good with numbers and able to identify vehicle components? If you feel like your current job is stalled, Find Your Drive at Parts for Trucks as a Parts Counter / Inside Salesperson. We have an opening now in our Dartmouth location (Burnside Industrial Park) for a full-time, permanent position, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Assist customers, process sales, or search for parts through computerized inventory, catalogues, or on-line. Provide information on current or new products, supplier features, and promotions. Improve your knowledge through research and training.
- Support a full line of quality brand-name truck and trailer parts for customers in the trucking industry, including fleets, repair garages, government garages, and tire shops.
- As part of the team, perform occasional warehouse duties, bin maintenance, and inventory counts.
- Experience in parts counter sales in the heavy-duty truck and trailer industry preferred.
- Similar experience in automotive, agricultural, or industrial parts can help get you started, and there is opportunity for growth.
- Excellent customer service, communication and selling skills are important.
- Good with numbers and memory, and willing to research until you find an answer for the customer.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with inventory control software is desirable, along with experience in a warehouse environment.
- Standing, and some moderate to heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds). Saturday rotation required.
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 16 sales/warehouse outlets and 5 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment, and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.