Parts Counter/ Inside Sales
Find your drive at Parts for Trucks, Eastern Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck & trailer parts with over 100- Years in the industry and variety like no other. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Parts Counter at our Ottawa, ON service centre.
- Serve customers by telephone or in-store to provide information on current or new products, supplier features, and promotions.
- Assist customers, process sales, pick orders and search for parts through computerized inventory, catalogues or on-line resources.
- As part of the team, perform general warehouse duties as needed, including bin maintenance and cleaning, and participate in inventory counts.
- Develop product knowledge through research, training, and reading trade publications.
- Support the Parts for Trucks full line of quality brand-name truck and trailer parts for customers across all areas of the trucking industry, including fleets, repair garages, government garages, and tire shops.
- Assisting in warehouse and other related duties as required
- Comparable experience in parts counter or industrial sales is preferred. Knowledge of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts is an important part of the job, or at least similar experience with automotive, industrial or agricultural equipment parts.
- Excellent customer service, communication and selling skills are key, along with good memory recall and numerical ability.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with inventory control software is desirable, along with experience in a warehouse environment.
- Position requires standing, and some moderate to heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds).
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
If you have the required experience and are interested in an opportunity to grow within our company, we would like to hear from you. Apply in writing with a resume and covering letter
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.