Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
This is a great entry-level opportunity for a recent business graduate or someone who loves working with numbers. The position is based in our Dartmouth, NS head office and will play an important role in keeping our pricing files accurate and up to date.
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 16 sales/warehouse outlets and five service centers located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment, and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and product price lists.
- Receive and track vendor price increase notifications. Verify information, build pricing files and enter pricing data in the system.
- Maintain computerized records using extensive Excel skills to sort, verify and load data.
- Minimum high school education, plus 1-2 years of experience in a comparable position or a combination of training and experience.
- College or university courses in supply chain management would be beneficial.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the purchasing function and the implications of cost vs. selling price and gross margins.
- Must have a high level of skill with Microsoft Excel, strong keyboarding skills and mathematical aptitude.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical to success in this position.
What We Offer
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.