Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Are you looking for your next challenge in the truck and transport repair industry? Do you understand operational efficiency, having good coaching skills, and enjoy working closely with key customers in a highly responsive environment? Then now is a great time to consider a career move to Parts for Trucks. We are looking for a Service Manager for a 12-bay truck repair shop in the Burnside Industrial Park.
- Manage daily operations, customer service, staff supervision and shop safety.
- Prepare estimates and work closely with large fleet customers to discuss repair options and ensure a high level of customer service and communication.
- Schedule staff and provide supervision and guidance for 20 employees over two shifts. Interview, hire and manage staff performance. Foster a team-oriented environment.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of work orders and invoices. Provide frequent updates on job progress and cost. Monitor expenses, workflow, and shop proficiency to ensure profitability.
- Cultivate a safe work environment through regular communication including toolbox talks and ensuring adherence to applicable policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the truck and transport repair industry required, along with good supervisory and interpersonal skills, and general computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ideally three to five years of management or supervisory experience in a comparable service operation, or relevant training at a management or supervisory level.
- Licensed Truck & Transport Technician is strongly preferred.
- Well versed in all areas of safety applicable to the trade.
- Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds) and be physically active.
Parts for Trucks offers a competitive compensation package, including group benefits and a retirement savings plan. If you have the right tools for this job, and you want to be part of what makes us an industry leader for over 100 years, reach out to us with a resume and covering letter.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.