Interested in mechanical repair, but don’t know where to start? If you’re good at pitching in and organizing for others, this could be your foot in the door. FIND YOUR DRIVE at Parts for Trucks as a Shop Assistant. We have an opening now in our Ottawa truck repair shop for a full-time, permanent position, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Maintain cleanliness of the mechanical shop and yard.
- Help technicians by retrieving and putting away tools, and with moving heavy parts into position as needed during jobs.
- Assist with post-job cleanup in repair bays.
- Organize, store, and maintain shop tools.
- Pick up parts from local suppliers for jobs in progress.
- Two years of experience in a similar job in an industrial / mechanical environment.
- Able to perform moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds) and stand/walk for most of the day.
- Good understanding of workplace safety procedures, including WHMIS and TDG.
- Class G driver’s license required, with a clean driver’s abstract and knowledge of city streets.
- Certificate & experience operating a forklift is beneficial.
- Demonstrate a positive, helpful attitude and interested in learning about the trade.
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 16 sales/warehouse outlets and 5 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment, and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including group benefits, a retirement savings plan, safety allowance, tool allowance, employee assistance program, training, growth opportunities and stable employment.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.