Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 16 sales outlets and 5 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening on the evening shift for a Shop Foreman at our Dartmouth Trailer Shop.
- The Shop Foreman plays a key role in scheduling, assigning and overseeing mechanical work performed by a team of technicians.
- Frequently communicate with staff and with customers to facilitate progress on jobs and ensure optimal customer service.
- This is a hands-on position, working on the floor as time allows, and helping other technicians with troubleshooting and problem solving on complicated repairs.
- Estimate labour requirements and job costs as needed. Review completed repair orders to ensure proper description and accurate coding of work performed.
- Responsible for the safety of employees, as well as procedures, cleanliness of the shop, and organization of tools and equipment.
- Hours of work are Monday to Thursday, 2:00 p.m. – 12 a.m. (subject to change)
- Licensed Truck & Transport / Trailer Technician with at least 2-3 years of experience in the trade.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or foreman position would be an asset.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and diagnostic skills covering the full scope of heavy truck repair.
- Able to work on the floor, and hands-on to mentor and provide guidance to technicians.
- Excellent communication skills and versatility for balancing responsibilities of the position.
- Experience opening and editing work orders in a computerized environment, and extensive use of email correspondence for customer communication.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.