Trailer Shop Service Manager
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Are you looking for your next challenge in the transport trailer repair industry? You may have been in the industry long enough to work your way around a variety of trailers, from flatbeds to compactors to reefers. And maybe you work at a smooth operation but would like step into something that is less predictable day-to-day. That next step could be Parts for Trucks!
We operate a stand-alone trailer shop facility with four pull-through bays as part of our Service Department in Dartmouth, NS (Burnside Industrial Park). We are looking for a Service Manager who enjoys working closely with key customers in a highly responsive environment, who understands operational efficiency, and has good staff coaching skills.
- Manage daily operations, customer service, staff supervision and shop safety in a specialty shop providing trailer repair.
- Prepare estimates and work closely with large fleet customers to discuss repair options and ensure a high level of customer service and communication.
- Schedule staff and provide supervision and guidance to 10 employees over two shifts. Interview, hire and manage staff performance. Foster a team-oriented environment.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of work orders and invoices. Provide frequent updates on job progress and cost. Monitor expenses, workflow, and shop proficiency to ensure profitability.
- Cultivate a safe work environment through regular communication including toolbox talks and ensuring adherence to applicable policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the truck and transport repair industry required, along with supervisory skills, good interpersonal skills, and general computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ideally three to five years of management experience in a comparable service operation, or relevant training at a management or supervisory level.
- Licensed Transport Trailer Technician or Truck & Transport Mechanic is a definite asset.
- Bulk petroleum tank and welding knowledge required. B620 certification and experience beneficial.
- Well versed in all areas of safety applicable to the trade.
- Ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 80lbs) and be physically active.
If you have the required experience and are interested in an opportunity to grow within our company, we would like to hear from you. Apply in writing with a resume and covering letter
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.