Trailer Technician / Welder
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating across Atlantic Canada and in Ontario. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Trailer Technician / Welder in our Dartmouth Trailer Shop. Parts for Trucks offers competitive wages, bonuses, group benefits, a retirement savings plan with employer contributions and opportunities for advancement.
- Maintain, repair and overhaul several types of commercial trailers (e.g., flatbed, enclosed, tank, utility).
- Adjust equipment, and replace or repair parts and components.
- Perform extensive welding repairs and fabrication of trailer parts as needed (e.g., bumpers, cross members, suspensions, upper couplers).
- Interact with shop Foremen on status of jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Three to five years of experience welding aluminum, stainless or steel using various processes.
- Licensed Trailer Technician or Truck & Transport Technician would be beneficial, plus any experience in heavy truck or trailer repair.
- Completed Grade 12, or ability to perform basic math measurements and calculations, problem solve, research and learn new repair techniques.
- Must be capable of performing heavy lifting, and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract. Class 1 license would be an asset.
- Knowledge or workplace safety procedures, including WHMIS and Handling of Dangerous Goods.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.