Truck & Transport Technician
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Are you looking to expand your mechanical knowledge and grow your skill set?
Do you thrive in an environment that offers a variety of responsibilities?
Do you value a collaborative and safe workplace?
FIND YOUR DRIVE at Parts for Trucks as a Truck & Transport Technician.
We are seeking trained and experienced individuals to join our team in Dartmouth.
Day & Evening shifts available
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy-duty trucks, trailers, buses, and petroleum tanks.
- Perform vehicle inspections, test, and diagnose mechanical problems.
- Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic, and electrical systems, including brakes, steering, suspension, and lighting.
- Report to Shop Foremen on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures and maintain a clean work area.
- Licensed or Apprentice Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred.
- Licensed Automotive Technician with interest in heavy duty trucks are also desirable.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing intermittent heavy lifting.
- Valid Class 5 license and acceptable driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with an aptitude for learning new technology.
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 16 sales / warehouse outlets and 5 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment, and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including group benefits, a retirement savings plan, safety allowance, tool allowance, employee assistance program, training, growth opportunities and stable employment.
Wage Range: $23.00 – $40.00
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.