Truck & Transport Technician
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Find your drive at Parts for Trucks, Eastern Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck & trailer parts with over 100 years in the industry and variety like no other.
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy-duty trucks, trailers, buses and petroleum tanks.
- Vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems, including brakes, steering and lighting.
- Report to shop Foremen on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures and maintain a clean work area
- Licensed Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred (apprentices considered) or Licensed Automotive Technician with interest in heavy duty trucks.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract (Class 1 license is an asset).
- Safety training appropriate to the trade, along with an aptitude for learning.
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.