Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating across Atlantic Canada and in Ontario. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening at our Distributions Centre in Dartmouth, NS for a Warehouse Person. Parts for Trucks offers competitive wages, bonuses, group benefits, a retirement savings plan with employer contributions and opportunities for advancement.
- Receive and put away stock orders. Pick orders and prepare items for shipment. Offload stock from transport trucks.
- General warehouse cleaning and other duties, including bin maintenance and stocking shelves. Participate in inventory counts.
- Grade 12 plus three to five years of similar experience, including sales or customer service, shipping, receiving, bin locating and using computerized inventory.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds), and be physically active, along with experience operating warehouse equipment (e.g., forklift).
- Knowledge of and experience with RF scanners is an asset.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures, including WHMIS and TDG.
- Effective communication skills, memory and math abilities.
- Experience working in an automotive, industrial or agricultural type of business would be beneficial, but not required.
If you have the required experience and are interested in an opportunity to grow within our company, we would like to hear from you. Apply in writing with a resume and covering letter
What We Offer
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.