CAREERSsenior service manager
Parts for Trucks is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 18 sales/warehouse outlets and 6 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Senior Service Manager in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Report to the Vice-President, Service & Equipment Operations for a full-service truck and trailer repair and maintenance facility, including specialty areas of petroleum tank inspection, truck-mounted equipment installation and service, truck-mounted hydraulic service, and PTO’s.
- Cultivate a safe work environment by ensuring adherence to policies and procedures, including provision of applicable training, maintenance, and communication.
- Work closely with Service Supervisors at two sites to coordinate daily operations, scheduling and supervision for 20 employees (day and evening shifts).
- Ensure appropriate facility maintenance, continually measure and improve service efficiencies and maintain spending in line with budget.
- Build relationships with large fleet customers to develop and grow our preventative maintenance programs.
- Oversee recruiting and hiring of staff to meet business needs, including apprentice and licensed technicians.
- 5-7 years of experience managing a comparable service operation, including staff management responsibilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the truck and transport service industry is required. The ideal candidate would be a licensed (truck and transport) technician or be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the complexities of current mechanical repair and maintenance.
- Good business sense, along with strong decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office products).
Parts for Trucks offers a competitive compensation package, including group benefits and a retirement savings plan. Earnings will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. To express your interest in this opportunity, apply with a resume and covering letter to:
Karen Larter, Human Resources Generalist
Parts for Trucks
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
Parts for Trucks values a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to equitable hiring practices. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Check out one of our 18 locations near you!