CAREERSSERVICE WRITER | OTTAWA, ON
Malmberg, a division of Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 18 sales outlets and 6 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Service Writer in our Ottawa location.
- Greet customers and respond to inquiries. Obtain details of vehicle repair needs, schedule appointments, and initiate bookings for routine maintenance.
- Prepare work orders on computerized system, record details on completed jobs, and follow-up on outstanding items. File and maintain accurate shop records.
- Interact with customers, technicians, foremen and the Service Manager to verify work order details and provide updates.
- Completed Grade 12 and a Service Writer training program, with one year of similar experience, or a combination of training and customer service experience.
- Strong customer service and communication skills are required, in addition to good organizational skills, attention to detail and efficient record-keeping skills.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, E-mail, and Internet) required; experience with computerized business systems preferred.
- Knowledge of the automotive or heavy-duty truck/trailer service industry a definite asset.
- Hours of work are Monday-Friday, 1:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. with a paid 1/2 hour lunch break.
Karen Larter, Human Resources Generalist
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1C6
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for
Check out one of our 15 locations near you!