CAREERStrailer shop SErvice manager | dartmouth
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is a leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in Eastern Canada, operating 18 sales/warehouse outlets and 6 service centres throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment, and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Service Manager in our Dartmouth Trailer Shop.
- Manage daily operations, customer service, staff supervision and shop safety in a specialty shop providing trailer repair.
- Schedule staff and provide supervision and guidance to 12 employees on two shifts. Interview, hire and manage staff performance.
- Prepare estimates and work closely with large fleet customers to discuss repair options and ensure a high level of customer service and communication.
- Ensure accurate and complete documentation of work orders and invoices. Provide frequent updates on job progress and cost changes.
- Monitor expenses, workflow and shop proficiency to ensure profitability, while fostering a team-oriented environment.
- Support a safe work environment through regular communication including toolbox talks and ensuring adherence to applicable policies and procedures.
- Grade 12 plus three to five years of management experience in a comparable service operation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the truck and transport service industry is required, along with supervisory skills, good interpersonal skills, and general computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Licensed Transport Trailer Technician or Truck & Transport Mechanic is a definite asset.
- Well versed in all areas of safety applicable to the trade.
- Bulk petroleum tank and welding knowledge is required. B620 certification and experience would be very beneficial.
- Able to research and source parts as needed, and to learn and apply new processes and technology.
- The ability to do occasional heavy lifting (up to 80lbs) and be physically active frequently.
Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including group benefits and a retirement savings plan. If you have the required experience and are interested in an opportunity to grow within our company, we would like to hear from you. Apply in writing with a resume and covering letter to:
Karen Larter, Human Resource Generalist
15 MacDonald Ave
Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.
Check out one of our 18 locations near you!