CAREERSTruck & Transport Technician (evening shift) | Saint John, NB
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, operating 18 sales outlets and 6 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have an opening for a Truck & Transport Technician, evening shift at our Saint John service centre.
- Repair and maintain all makes of heavy duty trucks, trailers, buses and petroleum tanks.
- Perform vehicle inspections, test and diagnose mechanical problems. Adjust or replace parts on mechanical, electronic and electrical systems and components, including brakes, steering and lighting.
- Interact with shop Foremen to report on the status of assigned jobs, confirm findings and determine repair or replacement of parts. Complete work orders to describe work performed.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a clean work area, and care for shop tools and equipment.
- Licensed Truck & Transport or Trailer Technician preferred. Consideration will be given to an apprentice, or Licensed Automotive Technician interested in training on heavy duty trucks.
- Completion of Grade 12 (or equivalent), and able to learn and apply new processes and technology.
- Good manual dexterity, versatility of skills, and capable of performing heavy lifting and heavy work.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract (Class 1 license an asset).
- Training in WHMIS and Handling of Dangerous Goods beneficial.
Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including a tool allowance, safety boot allowance, night shift premium, group benefits and a retirement savings plan. This is an evening shift position, 4 p.m. – 12 a.m. Contact our Service Manager for further information, to provide your resume or complete an application form:
Steve Leblanc, Service Manager
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
1100 Fairville Boulevard
Saint John, NB E2M 5T6
Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.
Check out one of our 18 locations near you!