CAREERSWAREHOUSE PERSON | Charlottetown, PE
Parts for Trucks, Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leading distributor of heavy duty truck and trailer parts, operating 18 sales outlets and 6 service centres located throughout the region. We supply parts, truck-mounted equipment and repair service to customers across all areas of the trucking industry. We have a temporary (with possibility to become permanent) opening for a Warehouse Person in our Charlottetown location.
- Receive and put away stock orders.
- Pick orders and prepare items for shipment.
- Offload stock from transport trucks; load and unload customer vehicles.
- General warehouse cleaning and other duties, including bin maintenance, stocking shelves, and processing return of warranty items or core parts for recycling.
- Participate in inventory counts.
- Grade 12 plus two to three years of similar experience including shipping, receiving, and computerized inventory.
- Ability to perform moderate to heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds), and be physically active, along with experience operating warehouse equipment (e.g., forklift).
- Effective communication skills, memory and math abilities, along with an interest in inside sales and the aptitude to learn about truck parts.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract, with four years of driving experience.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures, including WHMIS and TDG.
- Experience working in an automotive, industrial or agricultural type of business would be beneficial, but not required.
Parts for Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package, including a profit-sharing plan, group benefits and a retirement savings plan, plus opportunities for growth. If this sounds like the job for you, apply by submitting your resume to:
Parts for Trucks, Inc.
Karen Larter, Human Resource Generalist
15 MacDonald Avenue
Dartmouth, NS B3B 1G7
Visit our website at www.partsfortrucks.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interview will be contacted. Parts for Trucks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace and are committed to equitable hiring practices.
Check out one of our 18 locations near you!