Rolling Right: Mastering Wheel Maintenance
By: Parts for Trucks
Proper maintenance of your wheels, hubs, and drums will assure longer life for these critical parts. Make sure that everyone in your company who handles wheels or tires knows and follows these few simple wheel maintenance steps:
Keep It Clean
– Always clean drum, hub, and wheel surfaces prior to installation.
– Clean studs and nuts before re-use.
Keep It Tight
– Use a torque wrench to assure constant clamping force.
– Retorque wheels on a regular schedule.
Keep An Eye On It
-Visually examine wheel ends each day
– look for rust streaks, cracks, or fastener damage.
– Check tire inflation to assure best performance and mileage.
Foolproof Advice for Wheel Bearing Installation By: Parts for Trucks In the world of machinery and engineering, the longevity and reliability of bearings are paramount. Bearings serve as the unsung heroes, silently carrying the burden of facilitating motion and...
Cornwall is the very definition of “small but mighty”.
You heard it here first. Winter’s coming. Which means it’s time to make sure your plow is in
tip top shape for the season.